Frequently Asked Questions
We love sharing our knowledge of medical cannabis. Take a look at some of the questions we get most often.
What edibles do you offer?
The Botanist offers a variety of products from edibles to tinctures and RSO. Please visit our Product page for more details on each of our offerings.
How do I get my medical card?
Please visit our Patient Resources page for more information on how to obtain your Medical Marijuana (MMJ) Card.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash and debit cards. For your convenience we do have an ATM in our dispensary.
Can I use my card from another state?
No, unfortunately not, only Ohio medical marijuana cards can be accepted by Ohio dispensaries at this time.
Can I bring someone with me?
Yes, you are able to bring one guest with you as long as they are older than 18. They will be able to accompany you into the lobby and the consultation room, however, they cannot go into the retail room unless they are a registered caregiver with the Medical Marijuana Control Program and present a caregiver card upon entry.
Do you offer any discounts?
We are only able to offer discounts to registered Veteran or Indigent patients. For information on how to register as veteran or indigent – click here. Patients that are registered with either of these statuses will be eligible for a 25% discount on medical marijuana products.
Do I need an appointment? What do I need for my first visit?
No you do not need to make an appointment. We currently only take walk-ins, but you are welcome to call in advance to check Pharmacist’s availability.
What you need to bring:
1. Medical Marijuana Card – this can be brought in either on a smartphone or a printed out paper copy.
2. Your ID that you registered with to get your Medical Marijuana Card
Optional: First Time Patients Only – Completed Patient Intake Form
Please note: Patients will only receive an electronic card from the Medical Marijuana Control Program. Physical cards will not be mailed.
How do I order online?
1. Visit our website and click the "SHOP MEDICAL" button on the top right of the page.
2. Select products to add to your virtual shopping cart. When you are finished adding items, click the small shopping cart icon at the top of the page and proceed to checkout.
3. Patients who are ordering online for the first time will need to create an account. Returning online shoppers are able to log in with an existing account.
• If you are a registered caregiver and are purchasing on behalf of a patient, please create an account for the patient (with their name and date of birth), rather than yourself. Caregivers are still able to pick up online orders, but this will ensure that the order is placed under the correct patient.
4. Confirm you are picking up from the correct location, select your pickup time and review your cart items and the required acknowledgment.
• The acknowledgment verifies that you are authorized to purchase medical marijuana in Ohio as a patient, or as a caregiver on behalf of the patient identified in the transaction. It also affirms that you have visited an Ohio Botanist location previously.
5. After reviewing, confirm your pickup reservation and your order will be submitted.
• You can track the progress of your order from your IHeart Jane account.
• You will receive a text message to the phone number provided when setting up your account, confirming that your order has been received.
• You will receive another text message when the order is ready for pickup as well.
• If there is a problem with the order (out of stock, not enough days available, etc.) – someone from The Botanist will attempt to reach out to you. If they are unable to reach you after multiple attempts, your order may be canceled. If this is the case, a final text message will be sent notifying you of the cancellation, and your order tracker will show that the order was denied.
• If you have any additional questions or changes to your order, please contact the dispensary directly.
Price Reductions & Discounts: Veteran & indigent discounts do not calculate in your estimated total. If you are a part of either of these groups, your correct total reflecting the appropriate discount will be what is told to you when you are at the dispensary and displayed on your receipt. Additionally, monthly Botanist special price reductions (Pick 5, Pick 10, etc.) will not calculate in your IHeartJane total either. The dispensary will confirm the correct total in-person reflecting this price reduction.
**New Patients: Online ordering is not available for first-time Botanist patients. After your first visit, you will be able to place an online order. If you have not been to a Botanist and place an online order, our staff will reach out to you, however, if they are unable to get in touch with you, your order may be canceled.