I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In order to access certain services and restricted areas within our Website, or to respond to specific inquiries, The Botanist may collect the following types of information: (A) Information You Provide to Us, (B) Information We Automatically Collect, (C) Information We Receive from Third Parties. All of the information listed in (A)-(C) above, are detailed below, and hereinafter to as “Information.”
A. Information You Provide to Us
In using our Website, you may provide us with information, including, without limitation
- First and Last Name
B. Information We Automatically Collect
The Botanist also collects Information about you from your visit to our Website including:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider), your company, or your university;
- Your geographic location and time zone;
- Date and time of your visit;
- Your device, type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use or web browser;
- Domain server;
- Cookies that are installed on your device;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our Website; and/or
- Information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website.
We collect Information using the following technologies:
a. “Cookies” are small digital files that are transferred to your computer or smartphone’s hard drive when you visit a website or click on a URL. Cookies allow us to operate and personalize the Website, assist with functionality of the Website, to track your usage, and to deliver targeted advertisements to you. “Session Variables” are similar to Cookies except that they remain on our servers and are not transferred to your computer or smartphone. Usage of a Cookie or Session Variable is in no way linked to your name or address. Once you close your Web browser, the Cookie or Session Variable simply terminates. If you reject the Cookie or Session Variable, you may still use the Website.
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, unless you have configured yours not to accept them. You can program your browser not to accept cookies, but if you do, you may not be able to use certain portions of the Website and the Website will not be able to customize certain functions according to your preferences.
- Cookies are placed on the Website, but executed by third parties such as Google, Bing, Facebook and other ad networks. For more information about third party cookies and related advertising and how to opt-out of these practices with companies participating in industry self-regulation, please visit About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info/
b. Web Beacons/Pixels” are graphic images or web programming code that may be included on the Website to help us count visitors to the Website, monitor how you navigate the Website or to count how many particular links posted on the Website were actually viewed.
c. Our Website uses retargeting pixels from Google, Facebook and other ad networks. Please visit their websites for their privacy policies and consent and opt-out mechanisms, or visit sties that may help block ad tracking, such as About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info/“Log Files” track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
d. “Analytics” are tools we use, such as Google Analytics, to help provide us with information about traffic to our Website. These services use the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website, which it shares with other services and websites who use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
e. “Mobile Application Technologies” and mobile devices may automatically provide us with information about your device, your phone number, and your physical location if you access our Website through a mobile device.
C. Information We May Receive from Third Parties
We may collect additional Information about you from third-party websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat (“Social Media Platforms”), and/or sources providing publicly-available information (e.g., from the U.S. Postal Service) to help us provide services to you, help prevent fraud, and for marketing and advertising purposes.
Information we may access about you, with your consent, may include, but is not limited to, your basic Social Media Platform information, your location data, your list of contacts, friends or followers and certain information about your activities on the Social Media Platform. Please keep in mind that when you provide Information to us on a third-party website or platform, the Information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party website or the Social Media Platform.
II. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Information
We use and process your Information for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide you with the Website’s Services and related products, promotions, newsletters, and information you request;
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including by email or text messages, and including alerts, notification of promotions, contests, and events;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
- To fulfill contracts we have with you;
- To manage, improve and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
- Maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services;
- Comply with our Terms and Conditions of Use;
- Analytics for business purposes and business intelligence;
- Comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information and/or pursuant to your consent.
B. Sharing Your Information
We may disclose anonymized aggregated information about our users, that does not identify any individual, without any restriction.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third-party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These third-party service providers are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. In some instances, we may aggregate Information we collect so third parties do not have access to your particular Information to identify you individually.
- Disclosure of Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate or undertake an internal or external investigation or audit; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the Website Service users; (v) to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions; and (vi) to verify the identity of the user of our Services.
- Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt; or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You agree to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
- Information Shared with our Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share your Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates. If you do not want us to share your Information with your subsidiaries and affiliates, please email us at [email protected].
- Online Communications (Chat Rooms, Forums, Contests, Message Boards). If you correspond with us by email, questionnaires, surveys, social media, or other digital online platform, we may retain such correspondence and the Information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry. Our Services may include chat rooms, forums, and message boards that are available to you and other users. You are not required to provide any Information when using these areas, but you may choose to do so. If you post personal Information online, you agree you have no expectation of privacy concerning that Information, that it will be publicly available and that you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot ensure the security of any Information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available Information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose Information in these areas. To request removal of your personal Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at [email protected]. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
III. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Services may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us, including links to Social Media Platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and SnapChat, or may redirect you off our website away from our Services to other websites for information, other services, or to receive special offers, contests, games, sweepstakes, or for transactions or purchases.
IV. INFORMATION SECURITY
We use industry-standard procedures and various technical, administrative and physical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality of your Information. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been access or acquired by an unauthorized person, you shall promptly Contact Us so that necessary measures can be taken.
V. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your Information for as long as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Information to provide you Services, please contact us at [email protected]. We will retain and use your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contact Information you have submitted to us. We are under no obligation to store such Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Information.
VI. OUR RIGHT TO CONTACT YOU
a. Email. By using our Website and Services, you agree that we may contact you by email as set forth herein. If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe and opt-out of marketing email communications or Contact Us.
b. Text Messages. By using our Services, you agree to be reached by text message. If you no longer want to receive text messages from us, reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) in the text message or Contact Us.
c. Location Choices. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time to turn off the sharing of location information with our Services. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. If you have specific questions about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help.
d. Opting Out of Direct Marketing. To exercise choices regarding the marketing information you receive, you may also review the following links:
- You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- You may opt-out of receiving permissible targeted advertisements by using the NAI Opt-out tool available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or visiting About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info.
- You can opt-out of having your activity on our Services made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your web browser by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser.
VIII. ACCESSING, CORRECTING, OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
Upon request, subject to certain exceptions and limitations, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Information and will provide you access to that Information.
We encourage you to review, update, and correct Information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete Information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant. We may not accommodate a request to change Information if we believe the change would violate applicable law in our control.
To access, correct, or delete your Information, contact us at:
Email us: [email protected]
Call us: 1-646-600-9181
Write us: The Botanist
366 Madison Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10017 USA
IX. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Website is not intended for individuals under the age of 21 years of age.
If we become aware that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with Information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such Information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13).
XI. HOW TO CONTACT US
Email us: [email protected]
Call us: 1-646-600-9181
Write us: The Botanist
366 Madison Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10017 USA
Last Updated: April 26, 2019